Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Friday, November 02, 2012

Message to my American readers.

I just posted this on my Linens blog, but am putting it here as well in case there are any Americans reading this blog.  I've been having a look at some of the American blogs I visit, and so far nobody has mentioned Hurricane Sandy, so I'm hoping that means you are all okay. I know that many of my American readers don't live anywhere near the USA east coast, but nevertheless, the devastating consquences of that storm will have far reaching effects, so I ask those of you in the States to leave a comment here if you can, so I know my cyberspace buddies are okay.




1 Comments:

Blogger Merle said...

G'Day Gina ~~ I was surprised that there was very little mention of the
Hurricane and destruction and
heartbreak it must have caused, not to mention the lives lost. I pray our blogging buddies are all OK.

I have been looking at the Animal show you sent me - it
is amazing and there is some great photography.
Thank you for sharing that and I just sent it on to several of my friends.

Thank you also for your kind comments about why so many people visit me. One
cousin (81) says he only comes for the lollies and chocolates. I think the older we get the closer we become to our cousins in particular as they are around our own age and each time you wonder if you will ever see each other again as either one of us could drop off the perch as one said to me. My kids are a different generation and I expect them to stick around
longer, but one never knows.

It is a shame your brother is "too busy" to meet up with you, We are all busy with our own lives, including you with all your many interests, not to mention your husband. I do hope things are going well with Ken at present and with you.I am doing very well just now.

How good that you took some jokes for Ken's Mum and she enjoyed them. Well done Gina
She is lucky to have such a thoughtful daughter-in-law.

Shepp is a fair sized city and I don't know many of my neighbours,but there is a country feel about us here.
Capital cities are quite different, so I hear.
Well Gina I had better do something. Thanks again for your comments. Love, Merle.

Sunday, 04 November, 2012  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!