Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Saturday, March 23, 2013

It is not going to be "My Year".

Damn and blast.  I hate being unwell.  First off I had the neck and back problems which have been just about fixed up for now.
Then I had a urinary tract infection for two weeks, and consulted our doc last week.  Antibiotics as usual..
Now I'm getting stomach cramps/spasms.  They aren't terribly painful, just sort of nuisance value if they keep me awake all night.  I didn't sleep at all on Wednesday night, and was so tired when I woke up on Thursday, I didn't feel like going to my weekly art class.  But after Ken went to work and I did a few chores, I was feeling a bit better, so I decided to go after all because (a) I am really enjoying this class and don't want to miss anything) and (b) it was the second last week.
So glad I went -  I enjoyed the class as usual..  I was about 15 minutes late, and the lady I usually sit next to leaned across and whispered "Are you okay?"  I told her about my cramps, and she nodded sympathetically.  She said she gets them too and the cause of hers is Diverticulitis, and she told me the name of the over-the-counter tablets she takes ((Buscopan).  So after the class I went along to our regular chemist and told him about my cramps.  I didn't even need to tell him the name of the tablets; he picked them straight off the shelf.  Typical of most of us these days, I consulted all my medical books (Readers Digest versions, lol) and the internet.  It sure sounds like I have this Diverticulitis because the symptoms and background of the disease are me to a T.  But it could also be an ovarian cyst (the first one I had presented no symptoms whatsover, but my doctor discovered it on a CT scan and insisted on me having it removed), Colitis, Pancreatitis, Liver cancer, bowel cancer, and so on.  I don't spook myself by reading all this; I just like to learn as much as I can about my body so I can do the best thing for it.  Guess I'll go back to the doc's on Saturday morning and get him to have another look. Other than the spasms, I feel fine - good appetite, getting on with the housework and shopping as usual. 

I got a phone call from my friend Helen this afternoon.  I usually try to visit or take her out at least once a fortnight, as she is disabled and doesn't get out as much as she used to before her stroke.  I haven't spoken to her for about a month, and she said she was missing my visits.  So I went around (she lives two streets away) and had a cuppa and nice long chat, and I explained why I hadn't been in touch (the above health issues mostly).  When I told her about my sewing machine, she said 'Why don't you take mine home?  I haven't used it for ten years, and I doubt if I'll be using it again".  Turns out it is a Singer nearly the same model as mine!   I haven't unpacked it yet, but am looking forward to catching up on the projects that were so rudely interrupted by my machine breaking down.  I will eventually buy a new one, but one has to be in the mood to spend $500 and learn how to work a new sewing machine! And right now I'm not really that enthusiastic. 







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!