Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

A very Happy Birthday!

Some years, my birthday just comes and goes without much excitement, but turning 65 this year seemed to be special for some reason; maybe because it is half way between two milestone birthdays and people don't know if I'll be around to celebrate 70!! Just kidding, no reason why I shouldn't be. For a few weeks, I'd been admiring this stunning dinner set in the window of a gift shop in Eltham, and said to Ken if he couldn't think of anything else, I'd love the teapot in this set. Blow me down if he doesn't come home with the whole bloody set! 16 pieces including four dinner plates, four bread plates, four bowls and four mugs. He also bought the matching jug, sugar bowl and salt & pepper shakers. I cringe to think how much it cost...he must love me a fair bit to lash out on this!   But there was no teapot....


 
We had dinner out that night with our friends Mark and Louise, who celebrate their wedding anniversary on the same day as my birthday, so we usually go out together on the night. They presented me with a gift at the table while we were waiting for our meal...the very teapot I'd asked Ken for!

 What an amazing coincidence, NOT! Louise knew I wanted it, and had planned to get it for me, but Ken didn't know that, and was going to include it with the dinner set. Luckily they happened to meet at the gift shop (and that was a coincidence) and were able to sort out their purchases, otherwise I would have ended up with two teapots! I now have to get rid of one dinner set - probably the Noritake set because we've had that for over ten years and it was second hand when we got it. My day was just as much fun as the evening. I had lunch with two dear friends, who gave me lovely gifts. There were also gifts that had arrived earlier that week, waiting to be opened, as well as lots of lovely cards.

Three books - all art related, two sketching pads and pack of artist pencils etc., placemats, vintage patchwork, arty spatula set, little notebooks, crystal pendant, and the cutest cross stitch.
 Val had been stitching this for someone else last year, and she remembered me admiring it, so she made another one for me :-)

Lots of lovely cards - look at all the kitty cards at the front!  (There is an OWL card too, on the right)

4 Comments:

Blogger Liz in Kansas said...

I would say your man loves you a lot! I'm a little late, but this is my Birthday wish for you . . . many, many more and each year more enjoyable.

Wednesday, 17 April, 2013  
Blogger Finding My Way said...

Happy Birthday Gina!
I was hoping my stuff would have arrived in time for your bday. I found out hubby forgot to mail it. It is at the office but hes out of town. Im sorry. Hope you had a great day.

Thursday, 18 April, 2013  
Blogger Pam said...

Happy Birthday! What a lovely man!

Friday, 19 April, 2013  
Blogger FredaB said...

Happy belated birthday. Sounds like you had a very nice one. Ken's gift was wonderful and he is just showing you how much he does appreciate you and all your help. Sometimes it is hard fo someone to say it so they show it with something nice.

Happy Hugs

FredaB

Monday, 22 April, 2013  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!