Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Wednesday, April 03, 2013

Further reflections on Easter.

As I wrote on the previous post, I am not particularly religious, but I respect those who attend their church and celebrate the true meaning of Easter and Christmas.   Several ladies whose blogs I read regularly, wrote this week about attending church services on Good Friday and Easter Sunday, and it reminded me of my childhood when I accompanied Dad and my brothers to church every Sunday  (my mother was disabled and couldn't go).  Easter and Christmas were always very special services.

I replied to one blog friend that I get depressed when I see all the chocolate eggs and bunnies in the shops at Easter, with no sign of the real meaning of Easter, and I wondered why the chocolate manufacturers didn't make chocolate shaped crosses instead of eggs, as crosses would remind children of the 'reason for the season'.  She thought that was a good idea, and said all it needed was to write to the manufacturers and suggest it!  What do you think?  Do you think we could start a new movement away from pagan celebrations back to the Christian meaning?

1 Comments:

Blogger Sharon said...

Hi G
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Easter_Bunny
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Easter_eggs
thought you may be interested in ready this reference to the Easter symbols of rabbits and eggs...

Sharon x

Sunday, 07 April, 2013  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!