Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Saturday, September 14, 2013

Tall ships visit Melbourne again.

Ken and I love sailing ships.  And steam trains.  And old cars and bikes!  So we go to any exhibition we hear of that features vintage transport.  This past week Melbourne had nine sailing ships in port for the Melbourne International Tall Ship Festival 2013.  Two are based in Melbourne (both of which we have sailed on around the bay in the past),  two from Sydney, one from Hobart, one from England, and three from the Netherlands. 
We drove over to Williamstown on Friday afternoon to see them close up.




And today we drove to Mornington to watch them sail past on their way to Rosebud where they will be moored overnight before they continue on their journey.  It was a perfect day, sunny and not too windy, although that meant that some of the ships didn't use their sails, but they still looked fantastic.


I kept changing the settings on my camera trying to get it right in the bright sunlight, so the pic below looks a bit odd due to a different setting.
  Two ships in the distance as the sun was disappearing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!