Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Sunday, October 20, 2013

Busy Saturday.

Ken took off for a bike ride with his mates down to Phillip Island this morning.  They didn't go to the GP race track as the races aren't until tomorrow, but so many riders go down on Saturday, it has become somewhat of a pilgrimage for thousands of motorcyclists.  They simply enjoy the ride, park their bikes in Cowes, have a coffee or lunch, and go home again!

I also had a very enjoyable day with various friends.  I met Connie at a quilt show in Nunawading (you can see photos here)  and we spent a happy couple of hours together admiring quilts and having a scone with jam and cream while we chatted.
From there, I drove to the iconic Box Hill Town Hall which was formerly the administration building for the former Box Hill City council, but after the state government changed the shires and councils, the new Whitehorse Council now has its offices elsewhere, and this building is used as a community hub with art galleries etc.  I was there today to see an exhibition of Chinese Brush Painting by artist and teacher Echo Wu.  I took some photos, although I probably shouldn't have, but there were no signs up to probibit photography. 





From the Town Hall, I drove a few streets down to visit Sharon, and return some books I'd borrowed from her.   I stayed for an hour or so, enjoyed a cup of tea and cake, and catching up with her news.

Then I went to Balwyn to drop something in to another friend.  Val had been to our place the previous day and left something behind, so I returned it to her seeing I was on the road all day!

Finally headed off home intending to stop off in Eltham and buy a chicken for tea.  But I got sidetracked at the Oxfam book fair....It was open from 8 am to 6 pm, and by the time I called in, they were getting ready to close.  But I managed to find 4 books for $2 each, so that wasn't too much damage.  Got my chicken after that and was so relieved to pull into our driveway, knowing I wouldn't have to go out again!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!