Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Monday, October 14, 2013

Making time for myself.

I've been so involved with doing stuff with Ken since he retired, I haven't had a lot of time for my craft stuff, apart from some embroidery and patchwork.  So with the forecast for this weekend being cold and wet, I was determined to start work on some Christmas stuff and anything else I could fit in the time.
On Saturday I spent the day at an oil painting workshop, which I really enjoyed, and it has inspired me to do more with oils.  But not this year - too much else to do!  If anyone is still reading this blog, and would like to see my first oil painting, it is over here Patra's Art & Crafts blog. 
If you've been here before you'll know about my stitching blog, and there is a new post about an item I finished today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!