Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Wednesday, October 09, 2013

October so far.

I am shocked to find how fast another year is slipping away. What do I do with my time since Ken retired? I haven't done as much sewing as I used to, taken no craft or art classes. Just as a record for myself, this is what we've been doing this month:
1st Oct. - shopping with Ken.
 2nd Oct. - Marg and Maryanne here to look at my linens. - Dead trees chopped down in back yard - $1100.
3rd Oct. - Food and groceries weekly shop. More shopping with Ken. Delivered patchwork to EGV member for Xmas exhibition.
 4th Oct. - Opshop in the morning.  Afternoon spent looking at cars, buying spare part for my car.
 5th Oct. - NOTY exhibition, Ken's cousin here for tea.
6th Oct. - Friends from Narren Warren visited, another friend dropped in. Neighbours dropped in to meet friends (mutual interest in vintage cars)
7th Oct. - Ken collected hearing aid - $1000. - Gas fitter came to measure up for new gas fire to replace existing one that died last week. $800 deposit paid.  In the afternoon we drove up to the Dandenongs and had a lovely quiet afternoon.  It made such a nice change of pace from tearing around buying stuff for the house.
8th Oct. - Two hours at Austin Hospital with Ken while he was assessed for pulmonary rehab. which starts next week for eight weeks - two days a week.  More shopping.  Acupuncture treatment for both of us.
9th Oct. - Food and groceries weekly shop in the morning while Ken was having his eye checked by the optician; he's had a bit of pain where the cataract surgery was.  In the afternoon I went to visit Helen and Ray.  Ray unable to drive after an operation, so I took him to the shops to do some messages that he wouldn't have been able to do otherwise.  Had a cuppa with them both when we returned.  It was lovely to catch up, as I simply have not had time to spend with my dear friend Helen, and it bothers me, as she always says she loves my visits.  I have two other disabled friends that I've neglected these past few months too.
Feel bad about it, but at the moment my Kenny takes priority over everything else.
Tomorrow 10th October - we go to Fawkner Memorial Gardens to have MIL's ashes interred finally - it has taken way too long, but never mind - tomorrow she will be with her hubby in their space on the Memorial Wall.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!