Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Saturday, January 20, 2007

I've seen the light - LOL!!!



My confidence is restored! Not only did I take these photos this morning, but tonight I downloaded them on to my computer - wheeeeeeee!! Gosh I'm good.
These two pictures are of a sewing basket that I bought at an opshop the other day. I needed a new sewing basket as my old one needed a new plastic insert to hold the top layer of stuff, and I doubt I would ever find one to fit. This basket looks to be older than mine, but the plastic insert is in good condition, so I was able to put all my sewing stuff in it tonight (not in this photo though). I was going to give my original basket away, but I decided to put my needlecraft stuff in that one (as opposed to 'dressmaking' paraphernalia), and that worked really well. I was able to fit needles, embroidery hoops, and all kinds of things that were in plastic bags all over the place, into the old basket!

3 Comments:

Blogger Miss Robyn said...

I always keep my old sewing boxes - I store my lace in one, my vintage buckles in another, my trims in yet another - you get what I mean! love this one of yours, what a buy! ooh, can we go op-shopping if I ever get down?

Saturday, 20 January, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

See... I knew you could do it. Well done! I re-organised my sewing basket last night too and found so much stuff that I never knew I had. I even did a few more stitches on your spider web lol. You should get that by the year 2020 I think lol. It's the thought that counts, is'nt it? I should sit down and dedicated a whole night to it.... to get a whole lot done. bet I can't sit still for more than five minutes though. I am going to go through my material stash this arvo and dedicate material to projects I want to do. Should be fun! Lots of love, Nicole xox.

Saturday, 20 January, 2007  
Blogger Jeanette said...

just popped over from "Im a little teapot" Love your New (old) basket sounds like you needed 2 to start with.I think ill have to invest in a new 1 too, I use open basket but tend to put everything in it as it sits at the side of my chair Knitting /embroidery/wool,cottons/ And when I go to get something its alway in the bottom.I shall return

Sunday, 21 January, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!