Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Friday, January 19, 2007

"That damn digital camera" may be working again!

Yup - thanks to M. - the daughter of a friend S. who was visiting earlier this week. Anyone under the age of 30 (and she is just under) seem to understand new technology without trying too hard. S. says it is because they grew up with it, the same as we grew up with domestic sciences being inbred into us from early childhood. Anyway, the subject of my camera came up and I got all prickly about it immediately. M. asked "what's wrong with the camera?" to which I replied "Nothing - what's wrong is ME". She said "Go get the camera and some batteries", so I retrieved it from the dark corner where I had put it out of sight a year ago, and found some recently charged batteries. M. put it all together, pressed a few bits, and voila! Lens and flash popped up, picture came on to little screen, and M. said "There you are. Go take photos!"

She deleted all the old pictures for me, and briefed me on the use of the camera. As the advert. goes: "I feel better now!". I won't feel 100% confident until I have actually taken some photos myself, and downloaded them onto the computer, but M. is only a few minutes away and has offered to pop in if I need help. Watch this space!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been reading back a few posts to see what has been happening in Gina world. I'm so pleased that you and Robyn got together over the telephone waves and had a nice time. It's great to hear voices of the people you care about.

I'm praying that you get a solution to your aches and pains as quick as possible. I'm sitting here waiting for the phone to ring as my test results are due. We shall see.

As for 'new technology'.... patience and understanding is what I use with my Mum when explaining about such things. It is like all new things.... time will turn you into an expert. After all, you are such an intelligent woman, are you not?

Lots of love, Nicole xox.

Friday, 19 January, 2007  
Blogger Scribe With Gold said...

Hey Gina,
Looking forward to seeing the photos. Don't worry you'll get the hang of it. :) I did and I'm over 30 ;)
HUGS,
-Patty who hates moving and house selling.

Friday, 19 January, 2007  
Blogger Gina E. said...

Hi Nicole and Patty, thank you for your encouraging words! Dunno about 'intelligent'...scraped through fourth form at the age of 15 and never been back to school since!!

Monday, 22 January, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!