Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Sunday, July 22, 2007

Friday Show And Tell - late again, sorry!

Kelli over at There's No Place Like Home hosts Friday Show and Tell. Here is my entry for this week. I took this photo on Thursday to be ready in time, but then I got busy! Better late than never. I should have titled this Show Off and Tell...these are the trophies I won over 18 years as a Toastmaster - for winning speech contests, being voted Toastmaster Of The Year, etc.

9 Comments:

Blogger Kelli said...

That is a wonderful accomplishment, Gina! Speaking in public is something I'm too scared to do, but I've heard Toastmasters is a huge help!!
Keli

Sunday, 22 July, 2007  
Blogger Susan said...

You deserve to show off and tell. Very impressive!!!
Susan

Sunday, 22 July, 2007  
Blogger Pam said...

I'm impressed too!

Hope your poor cat is all right now. I dread letting our kittens out into the big bad world (we're not allowed to do this yet) though frankly I think that climbing a few trees would work off some of their energy...

Sunday, 22 July, 2007  
Blogger Mockingbird Hill said...

My grandmother was a ToastMistress for years! She was wonderful at it and when we think or speak of her, it is a very big part of her identity. You brought my grandmother to the front of my memory today...thank you. And, many congratulations to you!

Sunday, 22 July, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

Congratulations, oh clever, wordy one!

Blessings and bliss

Monday, 23 July, 2007  
Blogger Pear tree cottage! said...

OK! you "show off" ((smiles)) We now know you have the "gift of the gab!!" heheheheh!

I was impressed when you told us around your dinning table and I am still impressed now!

toastmasters, speaking in public now everyone should give it a go! I think it helps in many other paths in life.

Have a lovely week Gina.

Lee-ann

Monday, 23 July, 2007  
Blogger Meow (aka Connie) said...

Hi Gina, that's a nice packet of trophies you have there. Well done.
HOpe you had a great weekend ... have you been for a ride on Ken's bike yet ??
I spent much of my sunday being Chicky's taxi, and trying to read my Harry Potter ... great book, by the way ... I'm about 2/3 of the way through. Darn radio this morning, they had a couple of kids on who had finished, and they told us who died ... oh well, at least it wasn't who I'd hoped it wasn't !!
Have a wonderful week.
Take care, hugs, Meow

Monday, 23 July, 2007  
Blogger Val said...

Wow, that is impressive, Gina! When I met you I realised then that you were not one to be lost for words.

Monday, 23 July, 2007  
Blogger lindsaylobe said...

Toastmasters we found was a wonderful avenue to meet others and enjoy the fellowship to shared experiences and perspectives provided by speeches and table topics. Congratulations on winning all of your trophies!! , did you win any "humourless speech contests? or were they a mixture of serious and humouress speeches!!
Best wishes

Wednesday, 25 July, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!