Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Thursday, November 01, 2007

Today is Thursday and I am doing this:

Sitting at the computer eating fresh fruit and -
(1) downloading photos which may be of interest to certain individuals,
(2) paying bills online,
(3) reading comments on my blogs,
(4) leaving comments on other blogs,


What I should be doing -
(1) Altering four new shirts for Ken (the sleeves are too long, so I have to unpick them at the shoulders, cut off excess length, pin sleeves back onto shoulder, machine them, and iron them).
(2) Vaccuming and dusting
(3) Ironing
(4) Sorting out my linen collection - it is all over the floor in the spare room.
(5) Writing long overdue letters to friends overseas.
(6) Listing unwanted stuff on eBay.
(7) Visiting Helen (but I've written to her...)
(8) surfing the Net looking for employment opportunities.
(9) Stitching the Indian

Ah well, tomorrow is another day, during which I will be picking up some friends from Melbourne Airport in the morning and going to a physiotherapy appointment in the afternoon. Well, there is always next week...in the meantime, here are some photos I took when Miss Eagle and I went walking at Westerfolds Park on Tuesday.

This is where we'd come from.

And this is where we were going.

Those white birds are geese, on the Yarra River.

Miss Eagle's pooch known as "Foot Foot", giving some poor innocent insect a shower.

6 Comments:

Blogger Merle said...

Dear Gina ~~ Great photos and I hope you are feeling much better. I see you are looking for a job, can't you get back the previous one? I wish you lived near to take me shopping too. You sound like a very kind lady and are still taking ex clients to hospital appointments etc. Bless you!!
I am glad you enjoyed the story of the lady at the petrol bowser and I don't think it matters if it is true. It gives us a good example, and inspires us to help where we can. Take care, Gina, Love, Merle.

Thursday, 01 November, 2007  
Blogger Jeanette said...

Hi Gina its nice to be back..
nice photo's it looks like a storm on its way in the second pic.
Hehehe the dog showering the insects.....

Thursday, 01 November, 2007  
Blogger Laurie said...

Oh I know how that is, so many things I should be doing, but just can't seem to get around to it...
Great photos especially the doggie!

Friday, 02 November, 2007  
Blogger Val said...

Gina, is that the track at Westerfolds that is near the bridge, and you're going towards Petty's Orchards? How nice that Miss Eagle came out to accompany you on the walk. (Hope all glasses were safely secured...)

Friday, 02 November, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

Gina, wonderful photos - especially of the beloved FootFoot. Haven't got one in that pose (teehee)! Sorry it has taken a while to get back. Painted and painted last week and then went into a full bloom allergy from the paint - bung eye and all. My sister, The Director, came to stay for a couple of days and now I am trying to catch up on blogs and blogging.

We didn't bring any glasses this time - we sat in a lovely courtyard up at Mia Mia - out of the wind which was not quite so bad as our previous time. There was just Gina and me and, at the next table, half a dozen mums who had blankets down and balloons on the umbrellas and they were holding playgroup. Marvellous idea I thought.

Blessings and bliss from The Trad Pad

Tuesday, 06 November, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

Gina, wonderful photos - especially of the beloved FootFoot. Haven't got one in that pose (teehee)! Sorry it has taken a while to get back. Painted and painted last week and then went into a full bloom allergy from the paint - bung eye and all. My sister, The Director, came to stay for a couple of days and now I am trying to catch up on blogs and blogging.

We didn't bring any glasses this time - we sat in a lovely courtyard up at Mia Mia - out of the wind which was not quite so bad as our previous time. There was just Gina and me and, at the next table, half a dozen mums who had blankets down and balloons on the umbrellas and they were holding playgroup. Marvellous idea I thought.

Blessings and bliss from The Trad Pad

Tuesday, 06 November, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!