Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Friday, November 02, 2007

And now it is Friday.

Hello good friends - thank you for your cheerful comments on my post yesterday.
Dear Merle, I have applied for a similar job with another company, but have yet to hear from them. In the meantime, I've put my name down for more volunteer work. I will always be doing something for people older than me, in the hope that one day a younger person will look after me the same way - lol!
Jeanette - Miss Eagle and I thought we were going to get caught in that storm on the horizon in the photo, but it just passed over with n'er a drop, as usual these days :-(
Laurie - lovely to hear from you! Yes, I know you'd understand about not feeling like doing stuff that you have to ;-)

Out of all the items on yesterday's "should do" list, I achieved a bit. I fixed two of Ken's new work shirts and did the ironing. Today when I returned home from picking Louise and Mark up from the airport, I vaccumed and mopped the floors, then went to the physiotherapist to straighten all the kinks out!
To finish off my day, I stretched out on the day bed in the spare room and contemplated my lovely mess, with Topsy on the floor looking out the window, her pupils like slits in those golden eyes.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jeanette said...

Hi Gina, Hope you get a job soon in the same field, your services would be most appreciated in the community and by your clients. I have a lady come in on wednesday's (since major surgery a couple of years ago)for 1hr to do my heavy work ( Vacumming and mopping and any other jobs that i might need, and very much appreciated,

Friday, 02 November, 2007  
Blogger Tea said...

Hope you find that perfect job Gina :) I just love your kittie!

tea
xo

Saturday, 03 November, 2007  
Blogger Alice said...

It is so kind of you to do volunteer work with older folks. I know they must appreciate it tremendously.

Cats always know the best spot in the house. Your Topsy has it made lying in the sun, just looking beautiful.

Monday, 05 November, 2007  
Blogger Scribe With Gold said...

Hi Gina,
You've got such a big heart. I hope you find the job of your dreams. Sorry, I haven't been commenting much, life has gotten a bit overwhelming but nonetheless you're always in my thoughts.
HUGS,
-Patty

Monday, 05 November, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!