Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Monday, March 10, 2008

More about other people's blogs.

Do you ever wonder how some people who write absolute drivel, get their books published? And what's more, other people actually buy, and READ them? Another reason I read more blogs than books these days is because the blogs are vastly more entertaining! Take Pete for instance. I have two of his blogs (Crooked Paw's Retreat and The Butcher Shop) on my sidebar and visit them two or three times in a month. Why not more often? I don't need to, because he doesn't post stuff every day. He only publishes his writing when he has something worthwhile, and I always find it worthwhile! Ken got quite annoyed tonight when he was trying to do something on his laptop, and couldn't concentrate because I was giggling so much!

Some of the big-name music acts of the 60's and 70's are re-releasing their biggest hits, but they have slightly altered them, properly reflecting the passing of the years. Here are some of them. Go to Crooked Paw's Retreat to read the rest of this, and be prepared to chuckle all the way!

2 Comments:

Blogger Merle said...

Hi Gina ~~ I enjoyed As Time Goes By, very funny. Thanks for your comments and I am glad you enjoyed the jokes and the sayings. Thank you for the e mails you sent me, One I had posted recently, the badges, though funny, were not suitable, the other I will post. Like you, I don't fancy the snow and icy roads, but I am tired of this heat. Feeling very tired.
However, it will pass, and then we will be too cold ~ but minus the snow and beloq zero temps. Take care, thanks again, Love, Merle.

Tuesday, 11 March, 2008  
Blogger MrsG said...

on the other hand several of the blogs that I read have progressed from blogs to books and are very successful. Blogs are fantastic, funny, informative, entertaining and a great way to test out your writing style on your audience...if you so wish!

Tuesday, 11 March, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!