Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Friday, April 18, 2008

The start of a new decade.

That's right my friends - I've joined the ranks of the big Six-Ohs! Thank you to all who have emailed me, or posted Happy Birthday messages on my blogs. I just haven't had time to post anything about my birthday (Tuesday) yet, and as it is now 1.15 am on Friday I shouldn't even be thinking about it, but if I don't do it now, I'll be turning 61 before I can scratch myself!

My day started with a kiss from Ken and two very small packages, which to a girl, can only mean one thing!

Naughty boy - I'd told him after our trip to Darwin, I didn't need anything else, but he insisted 60 is special, so one pendant from him, and one from the kids(pets, lol).

I wasn't going to sit around all day on my own, so I'd made plans to meet some of my blogger friends at a local tavern for lunch. Brigid, Connie, LeeAnn and Jann joined me for lunch; unfortunately Val was ill, and Helen had another appointment, so they couldn't be with us.

From left: Brigid, LeeAnn, Gina, Connie and Jann. Taken by a friendly waitress.

LeeAnn insisted on photographing me with all the desserts in front of me - as if I would eat all that on my own! (tempting,though)

I was thoroughly spoiled by these four ladies: each one brought something unique for me to treasure. LeeAnn brought a bag full of goodies as well as a bunch of flowers from Rob and a handmade card.
Beaded peacock shawl.
Petite Point trinket box, peacock brooch, hand made card.
Embroidered cushion cover/pillow sham. All absolutely beautiful!

Connie bought me a "Lucky Chinese Bamboo" pot plant - something I have often seen and coveted! And a cute kitten card (should I be surprised?)
Brigid gave me a gorgeous old-worlde little case made from wood and covered with rose patterned material of some kind. This contained a number of neat little goodies for me to gloat over when I got home! (Brigid also presented me with a vintage clothes horse to display my linens on, but that's another story for another blog).



Jann, my partner in All Things André (Rieu) gave me the new set of CDs showcasing 100 of André's best tunes - can't wait to play it!


But my day had not ended. Ken came home from work with a bunch of roses, and after tea, some friends dropped, bearing champagne and cakes! I received many lovely cards, and this is our dining room table awash with some of my gifts and flowers:

Finally, most people wouldn't think twice about this aspect of receiving gifts, but as a person who is not inventive when it comes to wrapping gifts, I was overwhelmed by the way all my gifts had been presented to me. This last picture shows the decorative paper bags that some friends used; others wrapped their gifts in pretty tissue paper and matching ribbons.

Thank you all, dear friends who were/are! so generous to me.

5 Comments:

Blogger Merle said...

Dear Gina ~~ I am so glad you had a
lovely birthday. You got some beautiful gifts, and how nice that you and some blogger friends had lunch together. It was Val who told me that you were turning 60, sorry she couldn't make it. Sixty is a beaut age, I enjoyed my sixties and trust that you will as well. I have left an award for you on my blog. Take care, Love, Merle.

Friday, 18 April, 2008  
Blogger Kathi~Lavender, Lace and Thyme said...

Happy B-lated birthday! You don't look 60...it should be a fun time of your life! :)

Saturday, 19 April, 2008  
Blogger JannT. said...

Cheeky girl, your gift will be wrapped in newspaper next year - chuckle.

Saturday, 19 April, 2008  
Blogger Jeanette said...

Hi Gina, looks like you had a wonderful birthday surrounded by friends, and you recieved some lovely gifts... Take care

Sunday, 20 April, 2008  
Blogger MrsG said...

Happy Birthday from the nearly returned Aussies! Sorry I couldn't post on the day but things were a little crazy. It looks like you had a fabulous day with many friends.

Saturday, 26 April, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!