Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Monday, April 14, 2008

Tea Blog-a-thon Week 5



April 13 - April 19
Dressed-to-a-Tea

Share ideas for dressing up for afternoon tea. Is your favorite tea-time outfit a silk caftan, flannel jammies, or a dress with proper hat and gloves? Do you enjoy wearing tea prints to tea? Or do you prefer something more elegant? Lace and ruffles? A feathered hat? Long pink gloves? Satins and silks? Cotton comfort? Jeans and a t-shirt you say? That's okay --- share it all here.

I have never thought about what I'm wearing when I'm having a cuppa - it depends on who I'm with and/or where I am. I like this card which a friend sent me some time ago. It epitomises the bygone days of genteel tea drinking.

10 Comments:

Blogger La Tea Dah said...

Awwww, yes. . .lovely picture of perfect hospitality and a tea time for two dear friends. They look so prim and proper, don't they!

Thanks for sharing!
LaTeaDah

Tuesday, 15 April, 2008  
Blogger ellen b. said...

The card is wonderful! I do enjoy tea dressed a bit more casually! Have a great day...

Tuesday, 15 April, 2008  
Blogger Kathi~Lavender, Lace and Thyme said...

Your card put a huge smile on my face, it's perfect. It makes me think we should set better examples for our younger generation...Father knows best and leave it to beaver. I'm not that old but I did watch the re-runs after school :)...maybe I am old! LOL

Tuesday, 15 April, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice post. Love your stichery.

Tuesday, 15 April, 2008  
Blogger Vee said...

An afternoon visit between friends over a cup of tea. Perfect! They do like quite refined and oh so well coiffed.

Tuesday, 15 April, 2008  
Blogger Arleen said...

What a great card. And I agree with you that it epitomizes sharing tea, circa 1940 - 1950. How nostalgic!

Tuesday, 15 April, 2008  
Blogger Yellow Rose Arbor said...

Very cute card!

Katherine

Wednesday, 16 April, 2008  
Blogger Sandy said...

Love that 50ish style of dress on your card. They do look like they are having a proper tea!

Thursday, 17 April, 2008  
Blogger Sweet Necessi-Teas said...

I enjoyed reading about your birthday lunch! Does that count as a tea? You all looked like you were having a great time! Cute card, too!

Friday, 18 April, 2008  
Blogger Grace said...

I have that card too and always thought it was my friend and myself in another time!

Friday, 18 April, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!