Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Sunday, April 13, 2008

Back down to earth.

Sorry it's taken a few days to post something here. We got back to Melbourne at 7.30 am on Friday, after a four hour flight, and four hours sitting around Darwin airport before that! So we were just a bit tired for a few days. It has taken me two days to download my photos on to the computer, and name them all. After I'd done that, I tried to load them onto my Webshots account, but it kept crashing...well, something did anyway - maybe it was my computer. I gave up on Webshots, and tried the new Bigpond Photo thingy and that wouldn't let me do anything either. BLEAH!

So today I created a new blog just for our Darwin trip, and have started to post photos and a little commentary alongside each lot of pictures. You can have a look here if you are interested. It isn't finished yet, and it won't have all my photos, but they would take forever to look at, and I doubt very much if my blog friends have the time or inclination to do that anyway!

4 Comments:

Blogger Merle said...

Dear Gina ~~ Thanks for the e mail with your photo blog address. Sounds like you had a wonderful time in
Darwin. The photos are really great and so nice to learn more about our
wonderful country. I hope you and Ken have got over the tiredness by now.
I am so glad you both enjoyed the trip so much.
Take care, Love, Merle.

Sunday, 13 April, 2008  
Blogger Pam said...

Welcome back. Great pictures!

Monday, 14 April, 2008  
Blogger Merle said...

G'Day again Gina ~~ Thanks for your tip about Vinegar to keep cats away
so I will try that. I like the blackbirds in particular, they whistle so nicely. A little bird told me it was your birthday tomorrow. Is that right? If so I wish you a very Happy Birthday. Have a great day.
Take care, Love, Merle.

Monday, 14 April, 2008  
Blogger MrsG said...

Smugmug is the photo site that I use and I'm not only happy with them I'm rather smug!!!

Wednesday, 16 April, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!