Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Monday, April 14, 2008

Tea Blog-a-thon Week 4



Due to being away for a week, I'm running late with this! Here is Week 4:
April 6 - April 12
Stitches-for-Tea

Share ideas and pictures that involve stitching for the tea table. Any kind of stitches count: sewing, embroidery, knitting, crochet, tatting, quilting, etc. The work can be yours or of someone else, but should be homemade rather than done by factory machines. Ideas are napkins, tea cozies, table linens, and other creations made with tea themes.


Well, this has to be the easiest or the most difficult topic for me, depending on how you see my dilemma! I have several hundred tablecloths, over a hundred aprons, nearly 100 teacosies, and thousands of doilies, centrepieces and other linens to choose from! I'll select one from each category to post here. If I had more time, I would set up a table with a nice display, but I don't, so these won't be matching, but will be straight from my linen collection blog Patra's Place.

This cloth and matching napkins is stitched in Assissi work. One of my favourite stitching styles.



These pictures show the back and front of an embroidered teacosy.



This apron is my favourite in my entire collection. I love the design, and the extraordinary stitching used to complete it.

14 Comments:

Blogger La Tea Dah said...

Alright Gina, I am waaaaaaay up north and just drooling over your wonderful linens! I'm a pretty avid collector, but have nothing compared to you! Your stitched items are so beautiful! Like you, I love the apron. . .and that tea cozy. . .elegant and so sweet. Is it 'padded' or is it a simple linen type cover? The needlework is beautiful. Thanks for posting and for 'catching' up from your time away. I'm so glad you are safely back and that you had a lovely holiday. Enjoy a great week!

LaTeaDah

Tuesday, 15 April, 2008  
Blogger Kathi~Lavender, Lace and Thyme said...

Beautiful linens, your stitch work is amazing! It's been so wonderful to meet everyone and see their work and tea decor, thank you for sharing.

Tuesday, 15 April, 2008  
Blogger Vee said...

That is a great apron! You really do have beautiful linens...over 100tea cozies? Incredible! Thank you for sharing your beautiful things with us.

Tuesday, 15 April, 2008  
Blogger Kathy said...

Beautiful tea linens - the apron is lovely and romantic!...Kathy@ Mimi's Garden

Tuesday, 15 April, 2008  
Blogger Jeanette said...

Hi Gina Love your Table linen. and just love the dancing couple on the apron. to nice to use.

Tuesday, 15 April, 2008  
Blogger Reviekat said...

Such beautiful linens! I love the tea cozy the most. :)

Revee

Wednesday, 16 April, 2008  
Blogger Vintage Linen Treasures said...

Oh My Gosh! Gina! That is the most BEAUTIFUL apron. It is amazing and I love it. You DO have the most stunning linen collection. It's so much fun to pop in and see so many of your pretty things. What a treat!
Patricia :o)

Wednesday, 16 April, 2008  
Blogger Marye said...

Those linens are fantastic..but the apron is incredible! Lucky you!
blessings,
marye
http://kettleandcup.com

Wednesday, 16 April, 2008  
Blogger Yellow Rose Arbor said...

Very pretty needlework!

Katherine

Wednesday, 16 April, 2008  
Blogger Jeanette said...

Hi Gina,just called in to Wish you a very happy birthday...

Wednesday, 16 April, 2008  
Blogger Alice said...

Oh, Gina, I knew you'd have a great post on this subject! Your linens are beautiful. I especially like the apron as that depicts my favorite era. I must visit your other blog to see more of your treasures.

Thursday, 17 April, 2008  
Blogger Renie Burghardt said...

Hi Gina,

A nice little bird called Merle told us you're having a birthday. Have a very happy one!

Love the pictures of your linens, especially the apron.

Best wishes,

Renie

Thursday, 17 April, 2008  
Blogger Steph said...

Oh, wow! I LOVE the tango couple!

Thursday, 17 April, 2008  
Blogger Pam said...

Gina, your linen's are beautiful, and the stitching exquisite!! And Happy Birthday, glad you had a lovely day! Pam

Friday, 18 April, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!