Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Friday, June 13, 2008

Cyberspace Blogger awards.

There are so many blogs, and so many ideas to 'jazz' them up. I've managed to reject most of the jazzy stuff, as it irritates me beyond belief to go to someone's blog and have to wait for ages for it to download because of all the extra graphics and stuff on it. So I try to avoid inflicting the same pain on my blog readers! But Alice has got through my guard. She sent me this one, and wrote some very kind words about me on her blog, so I don't mind publishing just this one. There are 'rules' that go with it, i.e. 'you must award five more people, you must do this you must do that...' Well, I don't MUST do anything except appreciate the sentiments behind this!

This award is "dedicated to many who nourish and enrich the spirit and creativity. They see dedication, creativity, camaraderie, joy and above all, ART, much art. I wish that this prize is entertaining to all those bloggers and to bloggers who day by day share this space and enrich it a little more each day." ~Arte Y Pico

3 Comments:

Blogger Pam said...

Well, I too enjoy the insight into your life and interests that comes across in your blog(s). We're so far away from each other - isn't it amazing that we can all be cyberbuddies?

Friday, 13 June, 2008  
Blogger Unknown said...

Congratulations! You are a talented woman - and, through your collections, you support, honour and mainitain the work of other talened women.

Blessings and bliss

Sunday, 15 June, 2008  
Blogger Scribe With Gold said...

Congratulations :) It's a well deserved award for a talented and amazing lady.

Monday, 16 June, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!