Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Is it nearly 2010 already???

No of course it isn't, but I can't believe it will be February already on Sunday! This is old news now, but I am still going to post photos of our Australia Day party last Monday the 26th. The extreme heat hadn't hit us at that stage, so we were able to spend most of the day under the old umbrella and the new gazebo. Ken suggested to his Mum that she join us for a little while, but she declined, saying she was happier in her sunny bedroom at the other end of the house. As our friends arrived, they popped into her room to say hello, and some went back again during the afternoon to chat with her. MIL said to me later "Your friends are all so lovely! I really enjoyed having them come and talk to me". I reckon my friends are pretty good too....



Here are some of the delicious dishes that our friends brought along to supplement what I had provided:
Bread rolls, Greek Salad, Quiche, and hard boiled eggs (always a favourite)

Honeyed Chicken Wings and more hard boiled eggs at the back, Carrot Salad, Potato Salad, and my specialty - Prawn, Avocado and Mango Salad.

And the desserts: Pavlova (beautifully decorated at the last minute by Sharon - thank you Possum!), Fruit Salad and a HUGE Trifle (thanks to Sharon again, for that one!).
There wasn't much left over at the end of the day, but I think everyone had sufficient. I offered tea with lamingtons to finish off, about 5 pm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!