Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Monday, February 23, 2009

Our Kookaburra Family

On a brighter note (brighter than the previous post about our neighbours, I mean), we are still enjoying the company of half a dozen kookaburras to our back yard every morning and evening. They perch high up in the gum trees and wait patiently until I come out with some food for them. I've started buying the least expensive pet mince at the supermarket, and they love it! Here are some more photos of them on the table in our yard. They are not afraid of me at all, as you can see by the photos, and how close I was when I took them. We had some friends visit today, and the kookas came down to have a feed, but with one eye on our friends, who didn't go too close in case they scared the birds off.
The first four photos were taken in the morning.





This four were taken later in the day, as you can see by the golden cast of the setting sun in the photo.






Their farewell was from our clothesline. They followed me down here to the back door when I'd given them all the food I had up in the yard! This was taken looking through the kitchen window; the chain hanging down held a hanging basket until all my basket plants died in the heat!

1 Comments:

Blogger Finding My Way said...

Gina,
This is just too cool. I so wish birds here would do that. Thanks for the photos. Very inspiring. :)
-Patty

Thursday, 26 February, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!