Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Sunday, March 08, 2009

Bush fires were HOW hot???

Ken took his Suzuki to our local bike shop for a service last week. I drove him over there today to pick it up, and Steve, the owner of the shop, showed me what was left of one of his bikes. He had a property up at Strathewan which was burnt out by the bushfires, destroying a caravan, motorcycle, and other bits and pieces.
All that was left was this:
This was a post-hole digger.


And these were the wheels on his motorcycle.

4 Comments:

Blogger Pam said...

Oh, thank you for your interesting answers to my "interview"! I had forgotten - but maybe remembered subliminably - about your mother's disability.

Interesting answers!

Sunday, 08 March, 2009  
Blogger Pam said...

... As I typed that a moment ago, I wondered if I'd typed "subliminably" correctly. And then I published it and immediately realised that the reason it looked funny was that I meant "subliminally". D'oh!

Sunday, 08 March, 2009  
Blogger Jeanette said...

Gday Gina, I would hate to think how hot the fires got, one of the firemen said the heat was like getting a blast from a furnace..

I just resent email hope you recieved it 2007 and 2008 please...

Sunday, 08 March, 2009  
Blogger bigbikerbob said...

Hi Gina,Just checked out your bird pictures,great. I only wish we, here at home had a garden to attract birds to.When you look at that melted Alloy it brings home just how hot those fires were.

Tuesday, 10 March, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!