Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Isabelle's Interview.

Isabelle over in Scotland wanted to know more about her blogger friends, so she set up individual questionnaires for those who agreed to participate. Here is mine:


1.You're obviously a very caring and helpful person. Was there something in your upbringing that made you this way or was it always part of your personality?
My mother had a severe stroke when she was 37, not long after I was born - which left her partially paralysed on her right side. As a result of growing up with a disabled person, I've instinctively wanted to assist disabled people that I have met throughout my life.

2.What other countries have you been to, and is there somewhere you would like to travel but haven't so far?
I've been to the USA (three times), Taiwan, Japan, Hong Kong, and The Philippines. I'd like to go to Western Australia, which is the only state of Australia that I haven't been to.

3.A mysterious benefactor has given you $1000 to spend on yourself. What will you do with it?
A new computer (this one is 9 years old) or a new sewing machine (my machine is over 50 years old!)

4.What are your favourite colours for house décor?
Depends on the style of the house! Our 36 year old house has exposed beams, brick interior walls and a cedar wood feature wall. Not much left to paint, but the remaining plaster walls are painted cream. I like neutral colours for interiors - it allows you to use any colour in furnishings.

5.What advice would you give your 18-year-old self?
Stay a virgin for a few more years!!! (I had a disastrous relationship with an awful bloke when I was 19).

1 Comments:

Blogger Gina E. said...

Thank you, Joannah - it's nice to 'meet' you! I'll drop by yours and say hi.

Saturday, 04 April, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!