Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Sunday, April 11, 2010

On a lighter note...chooks and roosters!

Chooks and roosters were going to be the subject of my post here today, until I saw the news item about mail deliveries being scrapped in the future, hence the post below this one, where I vent my feelings! I have one friend whose family are chook mad, and like us, they buy all kinds of chook-themed items to decorate their house. But it is fun to see on blogs how many others are out there who also like chooky things in their home. I did a 'cat' post here a while ago, and now it is the chooks turn. Here's what we have around our place:

Handcarved and painted hen and rooster, bought at a local craft shop. Ken put the yellow chicken there at Easter!



Dishes found at opshops.

Dark chocolate hen that I gave Ken for Easter.

Salt and pepper shakers.

Placemat.


Tea towel.

Sign on kitchen wall. Bought in a craft shop for Ken.

Just another sweet ornament!

My first attempt at patchwork. Done in a workshop at a craft show.

Door mat in our entrance hall.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!