Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Melbourne's beautiful Autumn.

Melbourne put on a perfect weekend for us to enjoy before Ken's operation. On Sunday we went up to Sugarloaf with our friends Mark and Louise. We took a picnic lunch, then went for a lazy stroll along the walking track. We walked 5 kilometres, and felt great for doing it!
The reservoir is so beautiful right now, full of water, and all the trees are fresh and green.
We spotted a pair of ducks with eight ducklings in tow - cute!

Mark and Louise ahead of Ken on our walk.
I took a pic of Ken with our friends.

And Mark took one of me giving Ken a hug!

Yesterday (Monday) Ken didn't go back to work. He had a haircut in the morning, and we spent the afternoon sunning ourselves in the back yard, surrounded by the chooks pecking happily away in the garden. We had a steady flow of people dropping in to wish Ken good luck, so it was a nice relaxing day.
I took Ken into the Austin this morning at 6 am, and left just after 7, as they wheeled him into the operating theatre. I was told they would call me when it is over, about lunchtime - so I've come home to catch up on my emails and blogs before I head out to have lunch with my good mates Julie and Val.
I'll do another post here tomorrow, all going well. Thanks again to all my bloggy friends for their good wishes.

2 Comments:

Blogger Linens and Royals said...

Next time you take that lovely walk you will be able to show Ken in front and leading the walk.
All the Best to you both. Sylvia

Tuesday, 08 March, 2011  
Blogger FredaB said...

Hi Gina

I forget about the 16 hour time difference and just thought about Ken and the operation. By now it should be over and I pray all is well.

I will be watching for word from you.

Extra Hugs

FredaB

Wednesday, 09 March, 2011  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!