Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Thanks for your encouraging comments!

Sylvia, you are so right about cats. They can be so comforting in their own way, but all Cat People know that, don't we?! Topsy and Tiger vie for position on our bed at night, but after a spitting hissing brawl at the end of the bed one night, we put a stop to that, and they both sleep in the laundry now.

Isabelle, I was getting some spam, so I had to resort to the moderator thing - sorry to confuse you! As you can see, both of your comments are now here. Thank you for your kind words about me being the best one to look after Ken. Not just the best person, but the only person, lol! No kids to help out in this house.

Freda, you have sent so many encouraging messages, there is no need to apologise for being slow in responding to my latest posts! Ken and I appreciate each and every message and comment sent from my bloggy friends.

My poor baby is not having a good time of it. His diabetes meds were doubled after the op. because his blood sugar is too high, and this has caused horrid side effects (bowel and tummy stuff - we won't go there...). According to our GP, this is normal, and will settle down in a week or so. The good news is that the wounds on his chest and arm have healed dramatically fast according to the doctor, so that is a plus.

I thought (and Ken hoped) that he would have some visitors over the weekend, but nobody came except Ken's sister today (Sunday), and she stayed for over an hour, which made Ken very happy, as they don't see each other very often on their own. It is usually on family occasions when other people are around, and they don't get a chance to have deep and meaningfuls. Still, it would cheer Ken up no end if some of our other friends dropped by now that he is home.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sharon said...

Lol Gina - you wouldn't have wanted us... P has the worst cold and now a chest infection to boot... He to will be off for a few days... And me - well I am being self indulgent here - I am so uptight about my situation at work that I really don't want to talk to anyone... Hope Ken is starting to feel alot better I keep asking 'my mate' to keep an eye on things... Take care now.. Love to you both xxxx

Monday, 21 March, 2011  
Blogger Pam said...

Well, I realise that you're the only person to look after Ken - but you're such a caring person that I'm sure he could have no one better.

I hope his horrid symptoms decrease soon. Good that he's healing well.

Tuesday, 22 March, 2011  
Blogger FredaB said...

Hi Gina

I don't know what is worse - to be the patient or the caregiver. It is hard for Ken just to lay around all day but soon he should be able to get around outside as long as he doesn't over do. Does he enjoy reading - maybe you could put him in the car and take him to your local library. Nowadays they have all kinds of things like CD, DVDs, etc. I know he likes music - maybe he could find some new stuff there without spending money.

Also does he spend much time on the computer? That could help if he found something of interest to him.

I know the two of you like to go out and that will come again soon.
He will be dancing again.

Keep well yourself.

Hugs

FredaB

Wednesday, 23 March, 2011  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!