Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Japanese blog, and good news for Ken.

I have added another blog to my list in the side bar. The real name of the blog is "My Kimono Diary in Nagoya", but I have called it "Daily Life in Japan" because that is what it is. The man who writes it posts photos of the town where he lives, and all the traditional festivals, with explanations of them. If you are interested or even just curious about the culture of Japan outside the big westernised cities, you should visit this blog. It is fascinating, and the photos are stunning.

We saw Ken's cardiologist (Mark) today, for the first time since before he had the operation. Mark said he is very pleased with the result of the operation, and told Ken he could start driving whenever he wanted to, but he probably wouldn't be able to return to work for another 6 to 8 weeks. As he did with the surgeon, Ken asked Mark if the surgery was so successful, why was he having trouble breathing. Mark explained that during heart surgery, the lungs are deflated for a couple of hours, and even a good healthy pair of lungs will take a couple of months to recover from the stress of the operation. In Ken's case though, it will take longer, but he was quite optimistic about Ken's recovery, and said that he will certainly feel heaps better in a couple of months.

We came home feeling a lot brighter than we felt last week after speaking to the cardiac surgeon, who made Ken's health sound almost terminal! Okay, Ken understands that he does have a serious problem with his lungs, but Mark reassured him that he will be able to live a more active life than he had previously, simply because his heart is working better.

4 Comments:

Blogger Sharon said...

That sounds much better G!!!!Ken will be doing laps of the block before you know it... Still it sounds as though the both of you are 'doing the right thing' on a personal level...

Thursday, 28 April, 2011  
Blogger Meow (aka Connie) said...

Dear Gina,
Glad to read that things are looking somewhat better for Ken ... and that time should help him feel better.
Sending love and hugs to you both.
We must catch up soon (I need to get a new front wheel bearing in my car, before travelling to your neck of the woods, though !!). Will be in touch.
All the best,
Connie xx

Thursday, 28 April, 2011  
Blogger FredaB said...

What is with that surgeon. Why couldn't he have told Ken that without scaring you half to death.
I think all they want to do is cut and everything else is nothing. I would be royally P---ed. This is very good news so enjoy and Ken will be back and better then ever like we thought in the beginning.

Speaking of royally - are you going to any wedding teas or anything. They are having them all around us here. I will just turn the tivo on for 4am and when I get up around 8 will watch it then. I can whiz through what I don't need to bother with that way.

Hugs to you both.

Freda

Friday, 29 April, 2011  
Blogger cell said...

that's great to hear! hope ken will feel tons better now then.

Sunday, 01 May, 2011  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!