Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Royal Wedding.

We thought we'd watch a bit of it here and there, but we got sucked in! Ken and I don't call ourselves royalists, or monarchists, or any other name, but we both have British ancestry, so we tend to find English history and traditions interesting, and love to watch documentaries about England and Scotland, even though neither of us have been there.

I LOVED Kate's wedding dress, it was so elegant (compared to Diana's wedding cake creation), and they made a lovely pair. It seemed to be a perfect day over there - the weather was kind, the crowds were enthusiastic, and the Abbey is of course absolutely awe inspiring. Ken and I toasted William and Kate with a glass of white wine, and I took some photos of the t.v., just to pretend we were really there!





2 Comments:

Blogger Pam said...

Oh, I'm so glad that there's some good news about Ken. Also glad you enjoyed the wedding!

Saturday, 30 April, 2011  
Blogger cell said...

ah, any excuse for a bit of fun and pomp and ceremony is a good one!:)yes she did look lovely didn't she. she was definitely the "star" of the show! I liked that her gown was sweet, elegant and becoming, and not "sexed up" as a lot of modern brides like to look...

Sunday, 01 May, 2011  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!