Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Thursday, October 20, 2005

WAITING, waiting, waiting....

Today (Wednesday) seemed to go on forever. We arrived at the hospital at 7.15 am, well in time for the appointed time of 7.30 am. Around 9 am, Ken was taken into the operating theatre to have an angiogram. I found my way to the coffee shop on the ground floor to buy myself a latte. When I returned to the day surgery waiting room about 10.30, Ken had just been brought back to recover. He was happy enough, as the cardiologist had said he was pleased to find that the arteries were healthy and the stent was still in place. But he wasn't as happy with the heart, and suggested that a PET scan be done the next day. One of the nurses suggested that they do it this afternoon, as the nuclear medicine dept. wasn't busy, so they took Ken off again about 1.30 pm.

I had been alternating between a book and some stitching, and after four hours or so on a hard chair, my backside was aching something awful, so I decided to go for a walk. It was a lovely sunny day, so I meandered along the main road, windowshopping, and stopping to browse and buy the odd item that appealed. Got back to the hospital about an hour later, thinking Ken would be finished by then, but no. He didn't appear again until about 4 pm. The nurses expressed concern that he had been exposed to so much radiation on one day, and advised him to avoid pregnant women and babies for the next day or so. I said "I suppose that means no sex?" at which they cracked up and Ken blushed!! We couldn't wait to get home (because we were TIRED, not randy!), but we had two stops on the way: one to the post office to collect my mail, and the other to pick up some chips (fries) for Ken, who was absolutely starving after fasting the previous night, and nothing much to eat all day!

The upshot of the whole exercise is that we STILL don't know for sure if the cardiologist is going to give the okay for Ken to continue working. Last wee he spoke as if it was a foregone conclusion that Ken wouldn't be able to return to work, but today, he wanted the PET scan 'to have another look'. It is driving us crazy. Ken is due back to work next Monday, so the doc. will have to tell him one way or the other over the next two days.

4 Comments:

Blogger Kitty Couture said...

What a day indeed. Hoping that this new scan will bring some good news!

Thursday, 20 October, 2005  
Blogger Anne S said...

Hope the news comes soon - I know how hard it is to wait for this sort of thing. Thank goodness we have stitching to help keep us sane. Hope the news when it comes is good news! :-)

Saturday, 22 October, 2005  
Blogger Gina said...

What day for you both. We are thinking of you...
**HUGS**

Monday, 24 October, 2005  
Blogger melissa said...

Well bless your heart....what a long, tiring day, but at least it's over, right?

Take some time for you. Your blogs are delightful, but hopefully you know that. You make me smile, just reading about all you do. And your attitude is wonderful! So spunky. ;)

Wednesday, 26 October, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!