Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Retail therapy, the downside.

Miss Eagle over at The Trad Pad, has posted another thought provoking article which is well worth reading. This time she writes on the topic of shopping, a fairly harmless subject one might think, but given the media hype along the lines of 'shop till you drop', it can be a dangerous pastime for many reasons. Go see.

On a completely different topic, I caught up with some close friends today, after their six week trip overseas. H. gave me a belated birthday gift, and it was worth waiting for, believe me! I don't collect china as a rule, but I love anything with crinoline ladies on, and H. has indulged me many times in the past!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate shopping! There, I said it out loud. I am always too broke to buy anything or I waste money on stupid stuff. I have banned myself from even window shopping. I will go take a look at your friend's blog and see what she has to say.

I love your china set.... very nice. I collect teapots.... or I will when I get my second one LOL
I have a thing for teapots... weird!

Wednesday, 09 May, 2007  
Blogger Pear tree cottage! said...

Gina! OH! MY! GOSH! what a lovely present to get....((smiles)) now you can start collecting too!!

I just love them as you know and this set looks to be in lovely order was it bought in England? is it empire? does it have the mark of the detailer on the bottom? I won't ask if next we visit will you be drinking tea out of it! so nice!! and a gift, what a lovely friend you have.

Lee-ann

Friday, 11 May, 2007  
Blogger Jeanette said...

Oh Gina! I do love your Crinoline lady set what a lovely gift to recieve., that little kitty book also sounds delightful

Sunday, 13 May, 2007  
Blogger Gina E. said...

Nicole collects teapots, with one in her collection - LMAO!! You have mail, Nic!
LeeAnn, you know darn well I have no intention of collecting china in a big way! This set is a reproduction, I think - there is no marks underneath, and Helen said she didn't pay as much for it as I obviously imagined when I unwrapped the parcel! I don't mind - not being a conisseur (spelled wrong I know, but you know what I mean), I am just happy to have any cup and saucer set with crinoline ladies on it!

Monday, 14 May, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!