Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Sunday, May 27, 2007

Books, bowls, birds and flowers.

I was triggerhappy again yesterday around our house. The weather was sunny, the flowers were out, and the camera's batteries were fully charged, so off I went. The posts below are the result.

Most of my blogger friends are avid readers, and they all have these HUGE lists of books they've read in the past fortnight. Well, that's probably an exaggeration in some cases, but it sounds to me like nothing else gets done in some households - I just can't imagine how they get the time to read so much! Mind you, I have to admit to being jealous. I also love to read, but other things get in the way - work, housework, stitching, computer, eating, sleeping, etc. But I do borrow books, buy them occasionally, and have several thousand on my bookshelves, most of which haven't been read completely. But I didn't want to put the details on here - it would take up too much space, so I've posted a bit about my books and what I have inherited from my parents in the way of reading - on one of my other blogs - Patracat's Memories. Go there if you dare.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Gina, I commented over at the other blog. xox

Sunday, 27 May, 2007  
Blogger Meow (aka Connie) said...

Hey, Gina, I'm a huge reader, but don't find enough time these days. As you said, there are so many other things to do. However, there is nothing nicer than curling up with a good book.
Take care, Meow

Sunday, 27 May, 2007  
Blogger Gina E. said...

Curling up with a good book...especially on a cold windy day (or night). Even nicer if you have a loving kitty to curl up and purr all over you. Topsy isn't like that. She is a disappointment to us as a cat sometimes. Our other furbabies have been very affectionate. Ah well, like humans, they all have their own personalities, don't they.

Sunday, 27 May, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!