Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Sunday, May 27, 2007

Of birds and nests...

This is a baby dove, about 2 weeks old, Ken seems to think. He saw the mother fly out of her nest under the eaves at the back of our house, and climbed up to have a peek in the nest. He brought this little critter down for me to see. Sorry the photo is so dark; it was just on dusk. If you click on it to enlarge, you can see the bird better.
Can you see the nest high up there in the eucalypt? We don't know what is living up there - could be a possum or even magpies. We don't have a ladder long enough to climb up for a look!
Same nest from a slightly different angle.

1 Comments:

Blogger Miss Robyn said...

looks like a maggie nest.
did the little birdie live?

Wednesday, 30 May, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!