Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Sunday, May 27, 2007

Kitten doiley UFO.

Here she is. As this was given to me with no embroidery instructions, I'm taking the easy way and just using the basic stitches like lazy daisy and outline stitch. Poor kitty looks a bit cross-eyed because of the way the black stitching lies on the yellow of the right eye! I had to use my limited imagination with colours too...a red plush velvet couch sounded nice, and kitty is black because we have a black one of our own. I'm still not sure what colour to do the flowers. With the red couch, purple cushion, and green leaves, I'm reluctant to bring too much more colour into it. I thought a yellow/orange combination. Any suggestions?

5 Comments:

Blogger Meow (aka Connie) said...

It's gorgeous, you are doing a great job.
Take care, Meow

Sunday, 27 May, 2007  
Blogger Pam said...

Great flower pictures. I also like (from a few posts ago) your descriptions of feeling ill as feeling "ordinary" and "second hand". Are these Gina-isms, I wonder, or Australianisms?

Monday, 28 May, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it is beautiful Gina. You have a very good eye. xox

Monday, 28 May, 2007  
Blogger Gina E. said...

Hi girls, thanks for comments! Isabelle, those descriptions are not Gina-originals. Just more Aussie slang!

Monday, 28 May, 2007  
Blogger Pear tree cottage! said...

Hello Gina now you know I LOVE YOUR LINEN and this piece is a darling what colour will you do the lounge this pussy sits on.

Lee-ann

Wednesday, 30 May, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!