Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Thursday, June 07, 2007

My week so far.

On Tuesday, I attended the second day of a weekly program I am involved in, called "Better Health Self Management (for people with a long term health condition). The first week was very informative and positive, as was this week's session. There are eight people in the group, and two leaders (facilitators). Each week we have to write an Action Plan for ourselves, as follows:
*What I am going to do
*How much I'm going to do
*When I'm going to do it
*How many days a week am I going to do it?
Then we have to give ourselves a mark out of 10 on how confident we are of achieving this goal. Last week my action plan was to do my arthritis exercises twice daily, and I had a confidence mark of 8 out of 10. I did well - I did those exercises twice every day except Saturday night.
This week, my action plan is to go to bed at a reasonable time. We have to be specific in our goals, so the leaders asked me to nominate a time. I said I don't usually go to bed before 2 am (gasps of shock around the room!) and said I was going to try for 10 pm. This got a few laughs, and it was suggested I make it 11 pm so it isn't such a shock to my system! My confidence rating was 4 out of 10, so the leaders tried to come up with some suggestions to help me achieve my goal. Well, last night I was in bed by 11.15 - close. Tonight as I type, it is 1.30 am and I still haven't had my bath, so it will be well after 2 am, as per usual...blasted computers...who invented these things anyway?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh dear.... perhaps I should shut my computer off at a reasonable time too... then we both might get some sleep! LOL I spend waaaay too much time on my computer and should seriously think about cutting out some of that time to spend it on more important things. No... maybe tomorrow... I think what you are doing is an excellent way to meet your goals. It does'nt matter whether you succeed or not... I think it's wonderful that you are making an effort. xox

Thursday, 07 June, 2007  
Blogger Miss Robyn said...

computers are definately time wasters! I wish I could turn mine off at night but I start doing family tree stuff and before I know it - the time has flown by and it is 11pm or so. I am usually in bed by 11.30 pm most nights.
hey, one night we should chat on yahoo (if you have it)

Friday, 08 June, 2007  
Blogger Gina E. said...

It is gratifying to know that I'm not the only night owl! Nicole, Meow and I had such fun last night in a threesome...on Instant Messenger that is! It took Meow a few minutes to get used to it I think! We discovered many things in common, ie love of cats, favorite childhood books and most unexpectedly, ancestors from the same country!!

Saturday, 09 June, 2007  
Blogger Val said...

Oh Gina, I'm catching up on some more of your blog and yes, I did gasp at the late hours you keep! When I was working, it was not unusual for me to be in bed at nine, although I always got up at the crack of dawn, even on weekends and when on holiday. Things are changing since I retired. But I know what you mean about the computer being responsible for some bad habits!

Friday, 15 June, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!