Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Sunday, May 27, 2007

What's new (and old) around our house?

I saw this bowl at Ken's sister's house recently, and commented on how cute it was. A week later she handed me a little parcel - the same bowl for Topsy! Topsy just loves it..when there is food there.
One of my home care clients gave me this bowl last week. She is an artist and potter, and she makes these to sell at craft markets. I was delighted when she offered me a choice from her latest batch - they are cute!
LeeAnn, Miss Eagle, and other bloggers have been posting photos of vintage/retro/kitschy kitchen items on their blogs lately, so I looked around my kitchen to see if I could find anything of interest. This flour sifter must be all of 50 years old. I remember Mum using it when I was a kid, and you all know how old I am!

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

The sifter is wonderful. And the 50s, eh? I would have thought the 70s because I had a kitchen in that colour - minus the yellow - in the mid 70s. Just shows how everything old can become new again!

Sunday, 27 May, 2007  
Blogger Meow (aka Connie) said...

Wow, I love the dishes (the cats do it for me everytime !!).
The sifter is so retro, it's wonderful.
Have a great week.
Take care, Meow

Sunday, 27 May, 2007  
Blogger Gina E. said...

Glad you liked my bits and pieces!

Monday, 28 May, 2007  
Blogger Miss Robyn said...

I love that bowl that your friend made - maybe oneday if I ever get down again, I will be able to buy one.
ps - must call you soon - lord I am a ditz lately!

Wednesday, 30 May, 2007  
Blogger Val said...

But you do know that those old sifters are the best, don't you? The modern ones just don't cut it!

Friday, 15 June, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!