Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Monday, March 17, 2008

My favourite tea cup and saucer set.


I've found a new blog! Well, goody for you, readers are saying...okay, I've discovered some blogs that I haven't seen before, which will be added to my Favourites. This Blogger is one of the many who love teaparties and all the associated paraphernalia. She has put out a challenge to her readers to write about a different topic each week, and when we have done ours, to let her know so she can link us all up on her blog and we can go visit each other to look at everyone else's teacups etc. This kind of visiting has been done before by many, but I liked this theme in particular, so I'm in.

The first topic we are invited to write about is a favourite teacup. This is easy for me. I have a very special tea cup, saucer and plate set that was handpainted for me by Helen many years ago - I can't remember if it was for a birthday or Christmas, but I was delighted to have such a personal gift from a dear friend! Helen has since suffered a stroke, and while she has made a great recovery, she won't be doing any more China painting - although more by choice than not having a say in things!
Here is my tea set:



12 Comments:

Blogger La Tea Dah said...

This is very beautiful --- and having it be a reminder of the talents of your dear friend makes it even more special. I love china painted things. They always look so difficult to me, with the shading and subtle beauty of the colors and all. I have one cherished china painted mug --- painted and set to me for my birthday from an online friend in Melbourne. I treasure it, not just for it's innate beauty, but for the friendship it represents.

I'm so glad you joined in our tea-a-thon! I look forward to more posts from you and getting to know you better.

Enjoy a lovely day!

LaTeaDah

Tuesday, 18 March, 2008  
Blogger Elizabeth Joy said...

A factory could not have done better. Because it is handpainted, I like it all the more.

Tuesday, 18 March, 2008  
Blogger Marcie said...

Those are so pretty, and how wonderful that they were handmade with love. :)

Tuesday, 18 March, 2008  
Blogger Vee said...

Wow! What a treasure to have a handpainted teacup done by a friend! And I love it because it's a little yellow flower...all things yellow delight me.

Wednesday, 19 March, 2008  
Blogger MamaBugs said...

Thanks so much for stopping by for tea! I love your teacup and how special that it is handpainted by a friend. Makes it even more special!

Wednesday, 19 March, 2008  
Blogger Carrie said...

what a fine gift from a dear friend.

Wednesday, 19 March, 2008  
Blogger Alice said...

Oh, it is so pretty, Gina; I can see why it is your favorite. How special to have something that Helen made just for you.

Wednesday, 19 March, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very beautiful!

Wednesday, 19 March, 2008  
Blogger Kathy said...

What a pretty cup, and hand painted besides. Thank you for sharing it and your fond thoughts of your friend Helen. ~~Kathy

Thursday, 20 March, 2008  
Blogger ellen b. said...

Wow how special is that! I'm amazed at this kind of talent. It's great that you cherish this pretty tea cup and saucer! Enjoy...
http://happywonderer.wordpress.com/2008/03/19/teacup-a-story-week-one/

Thursday, 20 March, 2008  
Blogger Sandra said...

What a beautiful teacup and hand-painted too! It's a real keepsake.

Sandra
Ravenhill Cottage

Thursday, 20 March, 2008  
Blogger lisag3@actrix.co.nz said...

What a beautiful cup and saucer, and a beautiful story.

Saturday, 22 March, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!