Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Week Two - Tea Blog-a-thon.



March 23 - March 29
Litera-Tea

Share tea from the perspective of literature. Post a tea quote, a verse or poem, or story. Tell about a favorite tea book. This would be a good time to share how you use tea to encourage others. Do you minister to others by sending them tea themed cards to friends and shut-ins? Or another way you use 'tea' to share joy with others? I know some of you do --- so tell your story!


I have a number of lovely books on afternoon teas, some of which have already been mentioned by others on this thread, so I have selected two of my favourites to show here: "Taking Tea With Alice". This photo was taken from the Amazon.com website, as I have given my copy to a friend!



This is another gorgeous book "Victorian Entertaining" Here is the cover and two of the pages inside:



Finally, to finish off this post, here is a poem a friend wrote to me inside a card:
When the world is all at odds, and the mind is all at sea,
Then cease the useless tedium and brew a cup of tea.
There is magic in its fragrance, there is solace in its taste;
Laden moments vanish somehow into space.
The world becomes a lovely thing! There's beauty as you'll see,
All because you briefly stopped to brew a cup of tea.

15 Comments:

Blogger La Tea Dah said...

Hi Gina,

Taking Tea with Alice sounds like a lovely book --- and is one I haven't heard of before. I'm interested in knowing more about it. Does it contain recipes, decor ideas, a story? It has a beautiful cover and looks like a lovely book.

Enjoy a great day! Thanks for your post.

LaTeaDah

Tuesday, 25 March, 2008  
Blogger ellen b. said...

Beautiful Gina!
I love the poem your friend wrote...
http://happywonderer.wordpress.com/2008/03/24/tea-week-two-litera-tea/

Tuesday, 25 March, 2008  
Blogger Carrie said...

Oh, what fun! I quoted the same poem in my Litera-Tea post. I also enjoy my copy of Taking Tea with Alice.

Tuesday, 25 March, 2008  
Blogger Carrie said...

For links to many books on tea yoou may find this post interesting:
http://oakrisecottage.blogspot.com/2008/01/links-to-tea-books.html

Tuesday, 25 March, 2008  
Blogger Vee said...

Ohhhh, I just love the poem that your friend sent to you...I think your friend is right.

Tuesday, 25 March, 2008  
Blogger Lana G! said...

Gina, what a great quote your friend wrote! I must look up that book!!

Tuesday, 25 March, 2008  
Blogger Scrabblequeen said...

I love the tea poem, too. Glad you're in on the blog-a-thon.

Tuesday, 25 March, 2008  
Blogger Karla Cook @ Roads to Everywhere said...

Lovely books! And a sweet poem! Thanks for sharing!

Tuesday, 25 March, 2008  
Blogger Shady Gardener said...

What a beautiful poem, Gina. I've enjoyed my brief peek at a couple of your blogs. I am happy that you embroider such lovely things. :-)

Wednesday, 26 March, 2008  
Blogger Alice said...

I have the second book and was really excited when its author came to my town. I had him autograph it.

Wednesday, 26 March, 2008  
Blogger Sandy said...

Both books look intriguing! The poem was absolutely lovely!

Wednesday, 26 March, 2008  
Blogger Firefly Nights said...

The Alice tea book is a nice one and I'll have to look for a copy of the book on Victorian Entertaining.

You might consider changing the settings for comments to allow people who don't have Blogger blogs to leave comments. You are blocking everyone else right now with the settings you have chosen.

I see one other person with a WordPress blog has had trouble leaving you a comment and my comment won't link to my blog because of the settings you have selected.

http://fireflynights.wordpress.com/

Wednesday, 26 March, 2008  
Blogger Gina E. said...

Thank you to everyone who has left a comment here, and also to those who emailed me when they couldn't comment here due to the way my blogs are set up. I have no intention of changing that set up, as when I first started blogging and allowed all and sundry to comment, I got some weird stuff! So, if you don't have a Blogger account, you can either email me direct, or not comment at all - doesn't bother me either way.

Wednesday, 26 March, 2008  
Blogger Grace said...

what wonderful ideas for more tea books and the poem says it all!!!

Thursday, 27 March, 2008  
Blogger Sweet Necessi-Teas said...

I loved the poem at the end of your post! Thanks for sharing!

Saturday, 29 March, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!