Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Monday, June 30, 2008

High Tea at Kyneton with LeeAnn


A few weeks ago, The Invitation arrived in the mail. I knew about the event already, through LeeAnn's blog. and I'd already told LeeAnn I would be there with bells on! I rang around my blogging friends, but unfortunately most of them had other commitments yesterday. So there were just three of us Blog Ladies present: Brigid (Miss Eagle), Helen and me. Brigid decided to travel by train, so Helen and I spread ourselves comfortably in my little car and departed Eltham for the one hour drive. The driving conditions were great - cool and sunny with no wind, and we got to Kyneton in good time, with 90 minutes to spare before the High Tea, so we stopped at a cafe for a light lunch.
Here is Helen sipping her coffee on the sidewalk cafe.

The Lodge hall where the High Tea was to be, was just up the road. LeeAnn and her family and friends had been busy (understatement of the year) and we found ourselves placed at a table with Brigid and two other delightful ladies.

All the tables were set up with vintage cloths and napkins, sandwiches, scones, jam and cream, and a selection of delicious cakes, all on LeeAnn's beautiful china. I'm sure she set our table with me in mind - crinoline ladies everywhere!


There were so many little extra touches on the tables - a little gift wrapped in cellophane for each lady; cute cup and saucer novelties made by LeeAnn's daughter, and name tags in little handbag holders.

There were auctions and raffles to raise more funds for the Starlight Foundation, and I got lucky twice!




I'm sure LeeAnn is going to do a writeup on her blog, so I'm not going to steal her thunder any more than what I have already, but I will say that this event was a huge success, and LeeAnn is already planning another one for next year. And I think I can safely say that there are three of us who will be returning a second time!
Gina, Helen and Brigid.

6 Comments:

Blogger Alice said...

Oh, how I wish I could have joined you! Everything looks lovely. LeeAnn really went all out on special touches. I'll have to read her blog to get more details; although she might be sitting in a chair with her feet up all this week.

You look so pretty in the picture, Gina. I hope you remind Ken often how lucky he is to have you. :)

Tuesday, 01 July, 2008  
Blogger Meow (aka Connie) said...

Hi Gina, I'm glad you all had such fun. I really wish I could've joined you ... perhaps next year. Thanks for sharing your photos.
Hope to catch up soon.
Hugs, Connie xx

Wednesday, 02 July, 2008  
Blogger Jeanette said...

Hi Gina, I just love all the vitage table settings. and the patty cakes and fresh home scones make my mouth water Yummy..looks like a great day was had by alll

Wednesday, 02 July, 2008  
Blogger Pear tree cottage! said...

O! Gina, I am so pleased you and Helen enjoyed your trip up here and the day. I was very pleased with the event and it looks like grand lodge will possibly double the monies raised and that makes it a fantastic event to help a little child.

Now let me tell you a bit about your table and the others. I dressed the tables yes with the table organizer in mind of which you were one. The table cloth is my most favourite as it was stitched by my grandmother but she never got the dege finished so my mother as gran passed away went and learn't crochet and that was the first job she did finishing this tablecoth for me knowing it would go well with my vintage "crinoline lady" china. The one behind you Lyn my bosses table was all about green as she loves green so it was set up for her......I didn't tell her until after that their trios were the oldest ones from the 1800's I know kym her friend would never have had a cup of tea for fear of damaging the cup.......I cannot believe that it is now 3.15 on this Sat. after and still I am getting monies cards and good wishes.....mum just phoned and said "this time last week!"

Love to you and Ken.
Lee-ann

Saturday, 05 July, 2008  
Blogger Maggie Ann said...

Oh what fun! I've enjoyed every bit you've posted.

Wednesday, 09 July, 2008  
Blogger Miss Robyn said...

You know, I would have flown down for that!!!!!!!!
what a great idea.. a few weeks ago, I had a morning tea for the cancer council at my home and raised over $300!

Thursday, 17 July, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!