Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Saturday, August 09, 2008

Congratulations, China!

It is nearly 2 am here in Melbourne. Ken and I both have head colds, with noses and eyes streaming, but we didn't want to miss a minute of the opening ceremony of the Olympic Games. It was worth every minute and every tissue! Absolutely sensational, every part of it. And didn't our Aussies look smart in those blue shirts!

Well done, Beijing!!

7 Comments:

Blogger Pam said...

Yes, it was amazing, wasn't it? I was just slightly worried that it was a tiny bit regimented... and hugely expensive. But yes, astonishingly wonderful.

I do hope London is just going to have a few balloons and flags. We can't compete with China's display and I'm worried about my taxes!

Hope the colds are improving.

Sunday, 10 August, 2008  
Blogger Gina E. said...

A few balloons and flags...LOL Isabelle!! I have never been there as you know, but from what I've heard from my friends who have, London is such a special place just as it is, it won't need bells and whistles to be a great host city for the Olympic games.
Thanks for your good wishes about our colds. We're still both sneezing and re-infecting each other...ah well, it's winter in Australia!

Sunday, 10 August, 2008  
Blogger Scribe With Gold said...

Gina,
I only got to see the highlights on the news. sorry I missed it. I hope you both feel better soon. :) take Care.

Monday, 11 August, 2008  
Blogger Jeanette said...

Hi Gina, Like you I stayed up didnt want to miss a minute,just loved every second of it was done with so much precision... and Didnt our Athletes look smart in blue..

Monday, 11 August, 2008  
Blogger Alice said...

Oh, it was amazing! My husband said he felt sorry for the next country to host because they surely would not be able to come close to China's opening. Your Aussie team always looks so smart and proud.

I hope you get some rest and feel better soon. By the way, can you really drive that huge motorcycle all by yourself? While I've ridden on the back of one, I don't think I could handle actually driving!

Wednesday, 13 August, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Gina.. I am so sorry to hear about Elsie. How heavy your heart must be.

I hope you feel better very soon.. I have pneumonia and it looks like it's got a grip on me... so I can understand how you must be feeling.

I must admit that I have been disappointed with the lack of Australian Olympians gracing my television set. I am getting a bit sick and tired of all the repeats and seeing mostly Chinese athletes. Don't get me wrong.. I wish them all luck.. but I would like to see some more green and gold.

Give my regards to Ken.

xox Nicole

Friday, 15 August, 2008  
Blogger Gina E. said...

Thank you to all who have left comments to say 'get better soon' from our colds. I'm responding to most of you by visiting your blogs, but if I've missed you this time - thanks again for your kind thoughts.

Sunday, 17 August, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!