Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Wednesday, July 02, 2008

A gift, a giggle, and Op Shop goodies.

Last week I visited Sharon who helped me start a CQ block (you'll have to see my other blog for more about that. While I was there, she presented me with this book which had caught her eye. I love nostalgia books like this!

The birds who come down to our bird feeder often trot around on the fibre glass roof over the porch and I've always thought it was cute to see their little claws from underneath, so I took this photo the other day!



I posted a message on the Melbourne Op Shop Blog about these goodies, but I doubt if everyone who reads my blog will go there, so I decided to put them here as well.

This should encourage me even more to take some time off to practice my sketching!

Pretty ties to make quilt blocks from. Sorry Barb - I'm keeping these! (But I'll be referring to your blog for ideas on what to do with them)

I couldn't believe my luck - I already had the plate and cup that goes with this, and here was the saucer for $6!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Jeanette said...

Hi Gina.What a great find in being able to pick up a saucer to match your cup and plate.
looks like you have some nicely coloured ties,all my Al's went down to St Vinnies in Yarra, Ill be watching with interest to see what you make with them.

Wednesday, 02 July, 2008  
Blogger Alice said...

I got a kick from the picture on the book. Did women back then really wear such dresses when they were baking? Oh, my. Such fun to find the saucer that matches the other pieces.

Thursday, 03 July, 2008  
Blogger Maggie Ann said...

I too, have a sketching book waiting on me...and I love the birds feet you see from underneath. Your dish is a beauty...I've enjoyed my visit over to your blogs Gina...I always do. I haven't as much time online now that its summer. Thanks for coming by to see me at knitting kat. Your comment was a calling card..and tempted me over...I'm glad. Such a nice visit I've had!

Wednesday, 09 July, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!