Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Friday, July 18, 2008

We've had some gorgeous visitors lately.

...The feathered variety. Winter seems to bring the native birds en masse, possibly because their food is a bit harder to find in winter, and it is so much easier just to drop in at the Wilsons and partake of whatever is on offer!

These three photos have all been taken during the past month at different times of the day, and that is why some are darker than others.

Rainbow Lorikeets. This pair roost in a tree in our back yard, and are daily visitors to the feeder.
Galahs go around in large flocks, and make such a racket when they all arrive here looking for nibbles! This was taken today in the late afternoon, almost dusk.
The Eastern Rosella is common around here, but mostly stays high up in trees to feed on seeds and berries. They don't usually come down to our feeder, so Ken grabbed his camera immediately when we spotted this one. This was taken through the window of the room that looks out on to the verandah. The window has tinted film on the inside, so it is difficult to get a good photo. My camera won't do it, but Ken's does.

3 Comments:

Blogger Alice said...

Oh, they are all so beautiful, Gina! I wish they could visit my backyard. We do have some little yellow finches for color but they don't compare to your birds.

Friday, 18 July, 2008  
Blogger Miss Robyn said...

at the moment we have a large flock of black cockatoos in our area. each day they fly across the valley in front of my home, the call is awesome.
lots of finches in my garden right now.. all feeding on the grass seed.

Saturday, 19 July, 2008  
Blogger Jeanette said...

Hi Gina, Just popped in to see your next walking destination.
Oh how lovely to have these colourful feathered friend drop in for a visit.We get those screeching Galahs flying over along with the white Cuckatoo's Oh what a noise they make.

Thursday, 24 July, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!