Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Sunday, August 17, 2008

How was your weekend?

Ken and I have been laid low this past week by the cold virus that is doing the rounds. We both had time off work, and spent most of it in front of the fire watching the Olympics (when we felt well enough to get out of bed, that is). So this weekend was spent fairly quietly too, although Ken got up all enthusiastic this morning, deciding that as it wasn't raining, he felt well enough to do all the odd jobs that needed doing around the house. He added some waterproofing materials to the aviaries, fixed a problem with the side gate, and fiddled around with his bikes in the garage. But by 4 pm this afternoon...
..he was stuffed!!

By comparison, I had a nice restful day. I did some stitching (which can be seen here) and I made some Lemon Butter/Curd. Thanks to our four hens, we have a glut of lovely fresh eggs; they are laying two or three eggs every day! And we've had several bags of lemons given to us in recent weeks, so I decided to put them to good use. I've been meaning to make this for ages, ever since I saw it in my favourite monthly food mag. Mind you, I've got the recipe a hundred times elsewhere, but you cooks know how it is - if you see the same old recipe in a new magazine, it suddenly looks delicious!!

We had some spread on English muffins for an afternoon snack, and I'm planning to make a Lemon Slice in the next few days. Anyone want to drop by for a cuppa this week?

7 Comments:

Blogger Pam said...

I'd love to drop in but I think it's a bit far.

So sorry about Elsie.

Monday, 18 August, 2008  
Blogger Jeanette said...

Hi Gina, If i lived closer I would love to pop in for a cuppa,.. Next time im in Melbourne will try and catch up with you for a cuppa somewere..Time permitting..Thank you for your lovely comments on my Sister 50th.. Next year would have been my 50th.. My Dear Alan passed away a couple months after our 45th Anniversary..
Take great care and wishing you and Ken a very speedy recovery from the dreaded Flu bug...

Monday, 18 August, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd like to try some of that lemon slice. I think it would go 'off' by the time I drove down to you.
We are trying to make it for Christmas this year.. to Newborough that is.. in 'The Valley'... so a cup of tea would be lovely thanks.. lol

Monday, 18 August, 2008  
Blogger MrsG said...

oooh I'm close enough but just too busy with the move and a course at work. Sigh. I love lemon butter too!! I hope you enjoy it!!

Monday, 18 August, 2008  
Blogger Alice said...

I would love to drop by, Gina. I'm sure it would be a time to remember.

Lemons here are $1 for one! As much as I love lemon, I won't pay the price.

Poor Ken, I think he did too much too soon. It looks as though his cheeks are pink with a bit of fever. You were wise to take it easy.

Monday, 18 August, 2008  
Blogger linda may said...

G'Day Gina, nice to meet you. I read back through your last few posts. I think we would get along good together. Have you ever found Bimbimbee's blog, she is on my side bar and a QLD bird lover who mistly writes and photographs the birds who visit her yard.
I love Lemon butter but I am trying to be a good girl at the moment and cut down on all the yummy things.

Tuesday, 19 August, 2008  
Blogger Pear tree cottage! said...

Gina! Any lemon slice left???? <^..^> see you both SATURDAY!

Lee-ann

Wednesday, 20 August, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!