Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Girls Night at home.

Two or three times a year, I get together with three friends who I have known since we moved to this suburb, nearly 30 years ago. We used to go out to a nice restaurant for dinner, but as we've got a bit older, going out at night and spending exhorbitant amounts of money on a meal has less appeal, so now we take turns in hosting a dinner. Last Friday night was my turn, and I decided to take some photos of the table for those of you who like me, enjoy 'playing ladies' now and then.
Unfortunately, Helen couldn't come, due to a medical appointment, so I invited my friend L. who has met my other friends and gets on well with them.

Firstly I chose a nice cloth from my collection.


Then came the placemats and matching coasters. We all love kitties, so these were a good choice.


I usually choose nice linen napkins when I have guests, but I couldn't resist these paper napkins when I saw them on sale recently.


And don't they look cute, peeping out of the champagne glass!


All set!

And the menu? Just three courses - that's more than enough for ladies with middle aged spread!
*Sweet Potato and Chilli Soup
*Balsamic Chicken and Pumpkin Salad
*Mini Orange Syrup Cakes

There was a loaf of crusty bread to go with the soup, and everything was washed down with two bottles of Champagne (mine diluted with soda water or orange juice). We were all so full after that lot that nobody even wanted a cup of tea or coffee!
And what was Ken doing while all this was happening? He had a quick meal of bacon and eggs earlier, then scuttled downstairs to the peace and quiet of the garage!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!