Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Monday, September 08, 2008

I made a book today!

Val and I attended a workshop at Melbourne University yesterday - this is where the Calligraphy Society meets and holds many of their classes. This particular workshop was to show the participants how to make a pretty notebook. This is right up Val's alley, so to speak - she loves doing crafty stuff with paper, and was delighted when I invited her to accompany me to the Callig. society workshop.
I took a few photos of course:

This is the group - small but select, as our tutor described it!
This is our cheerful tutor - Melanie.
Here is Val, busy cutting and pasting.

I'm looking quite pleased with my efforts!

4 Comments:

Blogger Scribe With Gold said...

Hi Gina,
That's beautiful. :) Awesome work.
Hugs,
_patty

Wednesday, 10 September, 2008  
Blogger Alice said...

Your notebook is so pretty. I love the colors and pattern you chose. Now, what will you write inside?

Wednesday, 10 September, 2008  
Blogger Jeanette said...

Hi Gina, Lovely note book, lovely to see Val joining you what did she make... Take good care my friend. Jen

Thursday, 11 September, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey that's awesome Gina.
I love the style of writing and try to practice whenever I can. My Dad left me an assortment of pens etc and I have a small collection of books... which reminds me... your books are still here.. but then again.. so is that *#@! spiderweb! lol

Friday, 12 September, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!