Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Saturday, September 06, 2008

Wot's news?

Nothing much really. My letter wasn't published in the Herald Sun (well, I don't think it was...) but the editor of our local paper rang me twice today to check on some things in my letter, so it looks like it might be published in there next week.

Our chooks (hens) are very productive - we were getting two or three eggs a day, but today we got four! I'm down to six in the pantry though - I used eleven tonight. Ken had five of them fried, which wasn't very successful, as they are quite small, and didn't hold their shape in the frypan. I had four eggs scrambled, and they were simply delicious!

Patty, I'm glad you enjoyed the Stitchin Fingers website; I spend at least an hour a day in there! I've just listed some books and stuff on eBay today, and that took a couple of hours. It's such a lot of mucking around, but if I can get rid of some stuff around this house, it will be all the better. I had a box of magazines on Microwave cooking - the full set of weekly parts over a couple of years. I only used them until I got used to microwave cooking, then they got put aside to gather dust. They were so heavy, I just about broke my back every time I had to move them out of the way somewhere, so last week they went down to Savers with some clothes. I'm so glad they've gone, I got so tired of tripping over that wretched box! I just love eBay and Savers!

2 Comments:

Blogger Pam said...

Just saying hello! Haven't been commenting on blogs in the last week or too - frantically busy with work. But it's nice to read you.

Saturday, 06 September, 2008  
Blogger Merle said...

Dear Gina ~~ It is great to get rid of some unwanted things and helps lessen the clutter. I should do more of that. Glad your chooks are llaying so well. There is nothing nicer than fresh eggs. Glad you enjoyed the jokes. Keep on chuckling and chortling in Eltham. Take care, my friend, Love, Merle.

Saturday, 06 September, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!