Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Friday, October 03, 2008

I have a fractured finger!

Did you know you could break a finger while you sleep? I didn't either, until Thursday morning when I pulled the sheets back to get out of bed - and yelped with pain! The middle finger on my left hand felt like someone had driven a hot nail into it. As I had an appointment with my massage therapist at 11.30, I asked her if she could see what it is. I thought it may be referred pain from my neck and shoulder, but she worked on trigger points in my shoulder and neck for 20 minutes, then she shook her head and said there is no referred pain from the neck. She advised me to put an ice pack on it, and splint the sore finger between icypole sticks (of which I have none).
So I went to our chemist, who looked at my finger and said she could see bruising. She said it may be fractured, and produced a proper little finger splint to sell me. Isn't this nifty??

2 Comments:

Blogger Anne S said...

Oh no, you poor thing - hope it heals quickly!

Friday, 03 October, 2008  
Blogger Merle said...

Dear Gina ~~ I am so sorry you have a fractured finger. How easy it can be,
unless you have very heavy sheets!!
I guess you twisted it some way, hope it heals quickly for you. Sorry about Ken's baby budgie but what a nice little neighbour to put it in a box. Darn cats
They knock pot plants over here etc etc.
Take care, my friend, Love, Merle.

Sunday, 05 October, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!