Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Sunday, September 14, 2008

A ride along our new freeway.

Oops, it's not a freeway - it's a TOLLway. Melbourne's latest stretch of bitumen is the Eastlink tollway, and is part of a system of roads that is supposed to make a kind of ring around inner Melbourne, so if you live on one side and want to drive to the other, you don't have to stop-start drive through the suburbs and CBD to get there. In theory I suppose it's not a bad idea, but having to pay for it is annoying. (I won't go there, it gets too political...)

So, yesterday being a gorgeous Spring day in Melbourne, I suggested to Ken that we go for a ride on the Suzuki, to Frankston, which is where Eastlink ends. Now, a trip from Eltham to Frankston prior to Eastlink would take us about 90 minutes, with much cursing and swearing at the traffic from Ken. Yesterday, there was hardly any traffic along Eastlink (I think a lot of people are making a silent protest by not using it), and we sailed along happily, getting to Frankston in about 45 minutes.

When we got there, we parked the bike and strolled along the pier. It was windy, but sunny enough not to be cold. Ken had his camera with him, so I persuaded him to take some photos for the blog...he's never really comfortable about that, but as long as I don't publish any really awful photos of him, he submits himself with a sigh!Me squinting in the sun sans my specs - Ken had left his at home and needed to borrow mine to focus his camera!

I wonder what the woman on the left was thinking - she's watching me stride off down the pier with two crash helmets in hands!

4 Comments:

Blogger Meow (aka Connie) said...

Hi Gina, the freeway / tollway is just wonderful, and I for one don't mind paying for the usage of it (although it would be better free, as they originally promised ... but I won't go ther !!). Getting to your place last week was made so much quicker using Eastlink. Not sure if I've contacted you, but I wanted to say thank you so much for lunch the other day ... it was great catching up. Must do it again soon ... perhaps my place next time ?!?!
Enjoy the rest of your SUnday.
Hugs, Connie xx

Sunday, 14 September, 2008  
Blogger Alice said...

That water is such a beautiful color. Ken should be proud to be seen in your blog. He's a very handsome man.

Tuesday, 16 September, 2008  
Blogger bigbikerbob said...

Hi Gina, Looks like a nice ride out you had. Try getting Ken to post a few piccies of either or both of you, on the bike.

Thursday, 18 September, 2008  
Blogger Jeanette said...

Hi Gina, the Eastlink sure cut a lot of time of your trip it looks rather chilly down near the water..,
Oh how I hate Melbourne traffic since moving to yarra 20 years ago..take care my friend.

Friday, 19 September, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!