Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Monday, November 17, 2008

Not such a bad week.

Thanks to my friends here for your sympathy regarding Ken's misfortune. He came home on Wednesday, still a bit depressed over the rental car business, but once we got home I encouraged him to tell me about the good times he'd spent with his mate and after a while he was feeling better.

It's been a busy weekend just gone. It started on Friday night when we went to Telstra Dome to see Andre Rieu in concert at 8 pm.

We got into the city just after 6 pm and strolled around the Docklands area before settling on Nandos to have a light meal of chicken and salad.


I couldn't resist asking Ken to photograph me at Nando's with their cute chicken table number sign!



We had an excellent seat in the 3rd row on the second level (balcony), but we were so far away from the stage, that we couldn't really see anything at all, and had to rely on the giant screens to see what was happening. I only took a few photos because my little camera couldn't cope with the distance and darkness, and this is the only one that turned out, showing the castle before the concert while people were still coming in to the stadium.

6 Comments:

Blogger Jeanette said...

Gday Gina,We watched Andre live on pay Tv saturday night and again on Sunday there was a replay every 4 hrs... It was beautiful I think we had better seats in the lounge we saw everything.It showed the audience a few times and right on My sister in law a few times l Rang her Sunday she said they were 5 rows from the front stage and still had to look at the screens to see the skating and dancing.and she loved it..ssssss dont tell anyone we taped it and im putting my copy on to dvd... Take good care my friend and I hope the car prblems are behind you now.... Jen

Monday, 17 November, 2008  
Blogger bigbikerbob said...

Hi, Hope you enjoyed your night out and the live show.Lets hope you've had your bad luck for a while with the car thing.Its only Money, Kens Ok thats the main thing.

Tuesday, 18 November, 2008  
Blogger Merle said...

Dear Gina ~~ I agree with Jeanette and Bob, so long as Ken and his friend were unhurt, and how great that we get Pennies from Kevin in December, very timely for you. Not a good advt for Hertz
Love the pic of you at Nandos. We have one in Shepp and the sign was the best thing at the place. I have never called a Show an aggie. You must have made that up. We never say Agricultural show, just the show. Take great care, my friend,
Love, Merle.

Tuesday, 18 November, 2008  
Blogger Alice said...

I hope the concert made Ken forget about the accident. What a huge concert hall. I believe I might have felt overwhelmed by it all.

Wednesday, 19 November, 2008  
Blogger Pam said...

Love the baby bunnies!

Thursday, 20 November, 2008  
Blogger Judy B said...

Thought of you every time Andre was mentioned on any program.

Thursday, 20 November, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!