Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Saturday, June 20, 2009

If you are in the USA - please reply to this!

I've been watching the news about the tornadoes and hailstorms in the mid-West of America. While Victoria continues to come to terms with the bushfires, Americans have their own Armageddon to deal with. Tornadoes are even more unpredictable than bushfires; I don't know if I could live in the mid-western states. I'd be on edge for most of the year, I'm sure.
I know some of my blog friends live in the general area of this, so if you get a chance, please drop in here and say hi. We are thinking of you..

4 Comments:

Blogger FredaB said...

Hi Gina

We moved from Toronto, Canada to Chicago way back in Oct. 1965. I was pregnant with our 3rd. child and had 2 little boys ages 22 months and almost 5. My husband was transferred here for quote "2 years" and 40 some odd later we are still here. The baby turned out to be a little girl. My husband had come down and arranged for a 3 bedroom, 2 bath, townhouse with 3 floors which included a finished basement. It was new and beautiful to me. Well that was Oct. and we woke up one morning in June about 6am and a tornado had gone throuh, took our roof off and it was pitch black and pouring rain. I thought the baby would be gone and as I ran to get her my husband grabbed a boy under each arm and we raced downstairs to the basement until the police and fire dept. came and got us safely out because of power lines, etc.

When I ran into the babies room I thought she woldn't be there but she was lying there wide awake and smiling at me. New game Mom. Her crib was filled with bricks.

Well since then my children spent more time in the basement whenever it even rained because I was so freaked out. We were very lucky. One little girl had been crushed under her father and I have never forgot that.
Tornado warnings are nothing to ignore as they come so fast.

Hugs

FredaB

Other then that we have had a wonderful life in Chicago.

Sunday, 21 June, 2009  
Blogger Shammickite said...

I have been looking at your blog and see you are near Healesville. I visited the wildlife reserve zoo at Healesville about 5 years ago, and really enjoyed seeing all the native animals. Such a treat! And I was so sad to hear about the terrible fires last year, but I'm glad to see that the bushland is already regenerating.

Sunday, 21 June, 2009  
Blogger Finding My Way said...

Hey Gina,
IL took a wee bit of beating but all is good here. I posted some photos of the storm that went thru on Friday.

The fur babies are ok and the house is intact. Minor damage. Broken tree limbs and a few things knocked over but nothing a little hard work won't fix.

I'm not crazy about the weather but not much I can do. You guys have had pretty bad too. Keeping you in my thoughts and wondering why the weather is so harsh this year.

Sunday, 21 June, 2009  
Blogger NVPattt said...

Hi Gina, we are in the middle of the Mojave Desert so don't have the bad weather like that. Just heat and earthquakes.
Like your new hair style.
Hi to Ken.

Tuesday, 23 June, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!