Patra's Other Place

I started out with Patra's Place, primarily dedicated to my linen collection and stitching projects. But I kept getting side-tracked, so I decided to create Patra's Other Place for anything not related to embroidery topics. So you now have a choice. If you are interested in me, read this. If you only want to see my linen and stitching, visit Patra's (original) Place! (Please note that by clicking on any of the photos, they will be enlarged to fill your computer screen.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Vic., Australia

I was married to Ken for 43 years, but he died in October 2022. So I am now alone with two cats, eight hens, and a few finches and parrots in one aviary.

Monday, June 22, 2009

Momentous events at the Wilsons.

Saturday was a red letter day here. Having said that, I started to wonder where that term originated. I know it means a day of significance, but who says? So I got on to good old Google and found the answer here.
Well, our Saturday was not a religious festival, so perhaps I should not have used the term. What the heck. It was a good day. Some of you observant bloggers may have noticed that I have changed the picture on my Profile thingo. The previous photo was about two years old. Old being the operative word, I decided the ponytail hairstyle had to go. So when my hairdresser was applying the blonde colour to my mousey locks, I asked her if she could give them a cut as well. She was delighted to, as she'd been telling me for some time that I'm too old (not quite in those words, otherwise she would no longer be my friend OR my hairdresser), to be sporting a pony tail. Hmmph.

So she cut a bit. I said more. She cut a bit more. Then I asked if she can make it interesting, so it doesn't look like a pudding basin jammed on to my head (my hair is dead straight). So she cut some layers, then put mousse into the hair, messed it up, dried it, and voila! I'm quite happy with the New Look!

The photo also shows the other reason for red letters. One of our bantams has been sitting on four eggs for 3 weeks. Unfortunately she is a first time Mum, and didn't seem to understand that one does NOT leave the nest box when one's eggs are in the process of hatching. So the first chick to hatch was the only survivor, because within minutes of him breaking out of his shell, he was off and running, and Mother Hen was off the nest to chase him! The other eggs were left too long and the chicks died. Ken was devastated, but this tiny little Person cheered him up somewhat!

4 Comments:

Blogger Shammickite said...

Ah what a sweet little chick! I remember my father getting baby chicks delivered in a big box with holes in the sides every spring, and they lived in the house for a couple of weeks until they were big enough to go into the chicken run, and it was my job to make sure they had food and water.

Monday, 22 June, 2009  
Blogger Sharon said...

You neglected to tell me that you had had your hair cut!!!!!!! Looks great...

Monday, 22 June, 2009  
Blogger Finding My Way said...

Awe Gina,
I'm so sorry to hear about the others but I'm happy at least one made it. :)
The new hair style is cute. I've been going through the cut or not to cut debate. LOL
HUGS,
-Patty

Tuesday, 23 June, 2009  
Blogger Jeanette said...

Gday Gina, Love the new you. your haircut suits you and makes you look younger..
Awww I hope the little chick survives the cold weather, hope Mum is keeping it warm theses icy nights/

Wednesday, 24 June, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!